Thompson & Sons, Inc. Employment Policy
Once you have read the Thompson & Sons, Inc. Employment Policy, click on the link below to download the job application PDF file and print it. Fill out the application to the best of your abilities and return it to one of the office employees.
- Helper on trucks – handling and carrying 50-100 pound items.
- Unloading trucks in our warehouse with a forklift.
- Unloading trucks from the loading dock with a forklift.
- Loading trucks in our warehouse.
- Stacking products with or without a forklift.
- Filling in for other drivers – when necessary.
- Working in the freezer.
Sweeping floors and general cleaning.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Ability to drive an 8 or 10 Speed Road Ranger, which requires double clutching.
- CDL – Class B or better with air brakes.
Know how to run a log book.
- How to operate a Forklift.
- Able to read and have simple math skills.
- Able to handle and carry heavy items.
- Know how to back up and drive our trucks.
- NO Accidents.
- Must pass random drug screens – NO Drug Usage will be tolerated.
- NO Alcohol Consumption while operating OR within 8 hours prior to operating our trucks.
- Be on time and have a dependable form of transportation to and from work.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE:
- Conduct yourself appropriately.
- Communicate well with others – includes customers and co-workers.
- Determination to do the best job possible, no matter what the job is!
- Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm with a 30 minute lunch (times may change occasionally)
- Times will vary in accordance with that day’s route.
After 6 (6) Months: $10.50 / Hour
Uniforms after 3 weeks.
401 K – 3% automatically by Thompson & Sons after one (1) year.
After working one (1) year – Two (2) weeks of paid vacation/sick leave.
After working ten (10) years – Three (3) weeks of paid vacation/sick leave.
INSURANCE: At the end of ninety (90) days, we will offer health insurance – Single Policy – for one (1) year and the current percentage that you are responsible to pay will be taken out of your wages each week. You may choose the Family Policy, however you will be responsible for the difference in cost. Other coverage (dependents) may be added during The Health Plan Open Enrollment or during another qualified Health Plan Event. After one (1) year and ninety (90) days, you will eligible for Thompson & Sons to pay the current, agreed upon amount for dependents.
POLICY STATEMENT – WORKERS COMPENSATION: 3 Months for Health Insurance – If an employee is off work and on Workers Compensation for an extended period of time, Thompson & Sons will keep the insurance in effect ninety (90) days from the time of the accident. The employee will still be responsible to pay their percentage of the insurance. If the employee cannot pay their share, the insurance will be terminated.
Donald Thompson, Owner
P.O. Box 606 • Dillonvale, Ohio 43917